Thursday, July 10, 2008

That Wasn't So Bad



So the headliner installed pretty well with a minimum of fuss. I hadn't installed one before and bought a Medium Blue one with matching visors and a new rear view mirror. My dad helped me with an extra set of hands here and there. I used Navy Blue windlace, which matches the 66 Original Blue seats. I have two tips: buy the professional glue in the can for about $5 that they sell with the headliner, and put your old screws back in the holes before installing the new headliner, but don't bottom them out. Screw them about halfway so they are easier to find... The only area that needs a bit more pulling are the rear sail panels which I'll do right before the rear shelf and quarter panels go in... (I forgot to get photos of the Dynamat I installed on the roof in two large sheets and the full coverage of jute padding glued up there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment