Thursday, July 10, 2008

Have a Seat


I had refinished the seats some time ago and was able to install them the other day with my wife helping me to hold them down. [Edit: Ok, my wife is demanding that I state that she placed the driver's seat into position by herself. I stand corrected.] The seats are "1966 Original Blue" but are not two-tone. They were custom made by Upholstery in Motion out of California. The price was a steal and my only problem installing the covers was that my cheap replacement foam wasn't thick enough, so I added extra padding myself. The seat belts are aircraft-style in 2" black webbing with blue stitching made by Rich Design in Canada (and bought on eBay). The carpet is Ford Blue (and is brighter in real-life.) I trimmed the edges and glued them with 3M high-strength spray glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment