Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dyn-O-Mite!







I've installed nearly the whole two boxes of Dynamat 10455 Xtreme. I bought the nine-sheet boxes from Amazon for $114 each shipped (36 square feet per box). I covered the floors from the rear seats all the way up to the firewall, the kick panel areas, behind both door skins, and the rear wheel arches. When the rear quarter interior pieces are going in, I will cover the window assembly area instead of using the standard flimsy watershield. I sealed the seams of the Dynamat with A/C Duct aluminum tape. A 50-yard roll is $10 or less. On top of the Dynamat, I put the standard Mustang underlayment and even a large extra sheet of jute padding on the seat stands before the carpet (didn't get a photo, too excited)... Also, in the photo you can see the heater box reinstalled after being resealed so it should be functional and rattle-free now.


2 comments:

  1. How much of a difference would you say the dynomat made in the noise level in side the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really made a noticeable difference, especially on the new reproduction doors. I've used Dynamat previously with good results too. The only thing I probably would have done differently is covered the entire roof panel with Dynamat, instead of placing two large squares, for good measure.

    ReplyDelete