Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Few More Tasks Done...


I installed the bolt-on hood scoop with a scoop grill that matches the 66-style grill. The holes were already drilled before paint, so this decision was made a long time ago. IMHO it breaks up the large hood visually. Someday I will cut a hole in the hood to make the scoop functional... Also installed the driver's kick panel, which required some trimming to fit with all the sound insulation I've installed. And then installed the driver's side door weatherstrip. So I guess there are now two small "gotchas" with these reproduction doors. There should be two holes for the plastic plugs on each end of the weatherstrip. One hole was a little too big and the other hole was missing. I used my old doors as a template to see the right size hole and to locate where I needed to drill the new hole. All the lock mechanisms and rods went in great a couple weeks ago. The real test for these doors will be when the glass guy installs the glass...

No comments:

Post a Comment