Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Monster Mile!

My brother, Jeff, is reporting on location in Delaware for this blog update (I should point out that my brother is the Jeff on the right below):










“It was the Dover International Speedway ('The Monster Mile') in Dover, Delaware. We got pit passes, so we were allowed
to go on the track when they were introducing all the drivers and everyone was getting into their cars, plus throughout the race, we were allowed on 'pit row' which is the area right behind all the pit crew stations."






" I was standing about five feet away when Jeff Gordon climbed into his car and his crew was getting him ready for the race. There were more than 100,000 fans in the stands. It was so incredibly LOUD, I couldn't believe it--thankfully, I had bought earplugs outside...”

I've never even been to a NASCAR race. Maybe someday I'll go... Nah.


No comments:

Post a Comment